The Leelanau Enterprise reports that units of government and other organizations in Leelanau County will receive about 20% of the nearly $1 million in casino revenue sharing funds paid by the Grand Traverse Band of Ottawa and Chippewa Indians (GTB). The largest single award is $75,000 through Grand Traverse County for a Father Fred Foundation program to offer financial assistance to families facing utility shutoffs. Other highlights:
- Government-to-government agreement with Leelanau County for a prisoner housing contract, $63,875.
- Empire Township, funding to purchase a generator to be used on conjunction with the township’s agreement with the American Red Cross for emergency needs, $4,568.
- Leelanau Conservation District, funding to purchase two new desktop computers, three sets of new office software, and one operating system for existing laptops, $2,400.
- Leelanau County, funding for Leelanau Clean Water programs for various projects, $9,930.
- Leelanau County, funding for the county Planning Commission to update aerial mapping, $20,000.
- Suttons Bay Township, funding for Inland Seas Education Association to develop and install an “Asian Carp Exhibit,” $7,550.
Also included are numerous payments to the Suttons Bay-Bingham District Library, Fire & Rescue Authority, and Suttons Bay Public School.
Photo credit: day trip-34 by 1Cher