In 4 October candidate forums planned – Election 2008, the Leelanau Enterprise reports on forums and meetings with commission, township, county and state House candidates planned for October. They are helping to organize two. The first is an October 7 forum for county candidates at the Elmwood Township Hall (that will appear on TV2 at a later date and also streamed to leelanaunews.com.
Expected to attend are county commission candidates James A. Schaub Jr. (R) and Victor Walter (D) from District No. 2, which includes parts of Elmwood and Bingham townships; Jackie Freeman (D) and Richard Schmuckal (R) from District No. 3, which includes Suttons Bay and Bingham townships; David Marshall (D) and Dan Semple (R) from District No. 6, which includes Cleveland, Glen Arbor and Empire townships; and Traci Cruz (D) and Melinda Lautner (R) from District No. 7, which includes Solon and Kasson townships.
Also expected are register of deeds candidates Susan Boyd (D) from Suttons Bay and Sue Stoffel (R) from Northport.
Other forums below (add your comments with clarifications and other forums):
- Grand Traverse League of Women Voters candidate forum for commission and state House candidates at the Leelanau County Government Center (Oct 20) Note that their site says it’s at SB School!
- TV 7&4/Leelanau Enterprise town hall forum with 101st State House District candidates in the Glen Arbor Township Hall (Oct 28)
- GT/Leelanau League of Women Voters forum for Leelanau Township trustee and supervisor candidates at the Leelanau Township Fire Hall (Oct 29).
- Regional Student Mock Election at Leland School (details coming)
- The Center for Michigan has a great statewide listing of Michigan candidate forums and meetings