A little Leelanau deliciousness via our eatdrinkTC sister site…
eatdrinkTC is a culinary guide to Traverse City and the surrounding area. Every month we do our free eatdrinkTC Photo Contest that features a food/drink related prize. You can amazing wine & food pairing dinner, Bowers Harbor Vineyards’ 2896 Vertical Dinner on Saturday May 17! It’s a $200 value and totally free & easy to enter your photo on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook!
Chef Jonathan Dayton of Black Star Farms snapped this photo for their upcoming Harvest Dinner on Wednesday, April 9th. The dinner is themed “Root Cellar Revival” and while the menu for these always depends on availability, here’s what Jon is thinking…
- Beet – roasted red and yellow beets, almond tuile, fromage blanc mousse, beet verjus vinaigrette, pea shoots
- Celeriac – celeriac gnocchi, arugula cream, pancetta lardons, celeriac crumble
- Parsnip – vanilla bean parsnip puree, pan seared breast of duck, parsley oil, parsnip crisps, swiss chard
- Potato – potato sage mousseline, sweet potato gratin, grilled lamb tenderloin, fingerling confit, demi
- Carrot – carrot ice cream, candied ginger, pine nut brittle, carrot caramel
I had a chance to attend their last dinner. The theme was “Goose & Turnip” and Jon, Stephanie and the crew did a spectacular job – photos right here!