The annual Festival of the Senses will be held September 14-24, 2006 across the Leelanau and Grand Traverse region. It features artistic, athletic, culinary and cultural events including symphony concerts, art exhibitions and gourmet meals. Highlights include:
- The Traverse Epicurean Classic (Sep 14-16) featuring classes by world-reknown chefs and winemakers, international wine, beer, spirits and cheese tastings, exquisite dinners, tours of Leelanau and Old Mission Peninsula wineries, a kitchenware and specialty food expo and other events.
- The Leelanau Vintners Harvest Stompede (Sep 16-17) a run through Leelanau’s vineyards and tour of Leelanau County’s 13 wineries.
- The Tour de Leelanau Bike Race (Sep 16 – more info coming tomorrow!)
- Leland Heritage Celebration / Wood Boats on the Wall in Leland (Sep 16)
- Leelanau Harvest Bike Tour of the less-traveled roads of the county, passing farms, orchards and scenic beauty and sponsored by the Cherry Capital Cycling Club. (Sep 17)
- Leelanau Landforms: Geology in Art at the Old Art Building in Leland (Sep 16 & 17)
- Greensky Bluegrass in concert at the City Opera House with Seth Barnard & Daisy May Earlwine (Sep 21)
- Empty Bowls Workshop at artcenter Traverse City to benefit the Fresh Food Partnership (Sep 23)
- Lots more at the Festival of the Senses web site!