Here’s the news, weather, events and photos from this week in Leelanau. Get it delivered fresh and hot to your inbox by signing up for our email newsletter at the top right of the page!
Our Ski Leelanau! report shows nearly 2 feet of snow in places and our hills, trails and ski resorts are in great shape for all manner of skiing/snowshoeing/sledding/snowmobiling enjoyment! Check out our Lodging Guide for some great winter getaway ideas!
The Village of Good Harbor
We have a cool feature on the now-vanished village of Good Harbor courtesy the Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore. Good Harbor was started in the mid-1870s when a man named Vine built a small sawmill and dock. The only evidence of the village today are the dock pilings you see in Terry Clark’s photo to the right!
Last week we ran a poll asking Are you still interested in the future of Sugar Loaf?. 89% said that they were still interested and the other 11% were not (or only here for the popcorn). We’ll continue our coverage of the issue!
http://leelanau.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/leelanaudotcom.png 0 0 leelanau.com http://leelanau.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/leelanaudotcom.png leelanau.com2011-02-03 20:44:442011-02-03 20:44:44This Week in Leelanau: February 3, 2011 Father Fred Frostbite Food Drive ~ February 2011 Winter Wine & Vine Experience ~ Saturday, February 12