Election results are still rolling in so we probably won’t have the final results until later today. Probably the biggest news is Republican Ray Franz beating incumbent Democrat (and Leelanau resident) Dan Scripps for the 101st District State House.
The results are not final, but Record-Eagle’s Leelanau County Results page says that the new 86th District Court Judge will be Mike Stepka and that Larry J. Nelson looks to be the new Leelanau County Probate Judge. The parks request in Suttons Bay looks to have failed, but Fire & Rescue Millage in Leland & Elmwood and the solid waste and recycling proposal rolled to passage. School bonds in Suttons Bay and Leland passed as well. The likely county board is:
- District 1: Jean Watkoski (R)
- District 2: James Schaub (R)
- District 3: Richard A. Schmuckal (R)
- District 4: Thomas Van Pelt (R)
- District 5: David W. Shiflett (R)
- District 6: David G. Marshall (D)
- District 7: Melinda C. Lautner (R)
Here’s the incoming Michigan Governor Rick Snyder’s victory speech.