Happy World Turtle Day everyone! On my Michigan in Pictures photo blog I did features over the years on every turtle species found in Michigan. I’m not sure which species are found in Leelanau, but here’s links to them all including (of course) the Painted Turtles shown above!
- Blanding’s Turtle (Emydoidea blandingii) (Know Your Michigan Turtles: Blanding’s Turtle)
- Common Map Turtle (Graptemys geographica) (Spend World Turtle Day with Common Map Turtles )
- Common Musk Turtle (Sternotherus odoratus) (Michigan’s Common Musk Turtle)
- Common Snapping Turtle (Chelydra serpentina) (Michigan’s Common Snapping Turtle)
- Eastern Box Turtle (Terrapene carolina carolina) (Know Your Michigan Turtles: Eastern Box Turtle)
- Painted Turtle (Chrysemys picta) (The Painted Turtle in Michigan)
- Red-eared Slider (Trachemys scripta elegans) (Happy World Turtle Day from the Red-eared Slider )
- Spiny Soft-shell Turtle (Apalone spinifera spinifera) (Know Your Michigan Turtles: Spiny Soft Shell Turtle )
- Spotted Turtle (Clemmys guttata) (Know your Michigan Turtles: Spotted Turtle (Clemmys guttata))
- Wood Turtle (Clemmys insculpta) (The Wood Turtle in Michigan )
Trish took this back in April of 2015. See more in her Sleeping Bear photo album!