While numbers are trending towards a good place, the pandemic has made an impact on Leelanau’s Fourth of July celebrations. Here’s our list of what is (and isn’t) happening this weekend. Definitely let us know anything we’re missing!!
- The Village of Northport will have their annual fireworks on the lawn of the Marina at Bay Front of Haserot Park. (link)
- Fireworks start at approximately 10 pm on Sunday, July 4th. (the Dog Parade has been moved to August)
- At 10 AM on Sunday, July 4th, they will raise the flag at Glen Arbor’s Old Settlers Park. Then the Glen Arbor Fourth of July Parade kicks off at noon with every bit of small town fun you’re looking for.
- The annual 4th of July Glen Lake Boat Parade is also on! No need to register or RSVP – just show up at 3 pm in front of Glen Lake Yacht Club and head towards the Narrows!!
- Leland has cancelled both their parade & fireworks.
- In Traverse City, the National Cherry Festival kicks off on Saturday, July 3rd & runs through the 10th. On Sunday night you can check out the fireworks over Grand Traverse Bay. Those with kids might want to check out the always popular Ultimate Air Dogs Thursday – Saturday.
photo credit: 4th, Up North … ground burst! II by Ken Scott Photography from the 2012 Northport Fireworks. More in Ken’s Fireworks gallery on Flickr & at kenscottphotography.com.